Wednesday 11 September 2013

Nighttime Ouchie


I felt: Tired - slept badly, and not just because of my son this time. Worrying about the busy day ahead, so I wrote a couple of emails at 3.30am *doh*

I thought: About people's motivations.

I slept: 6 1/4 hours in 3 chunks.

I worked out:  I got up and did nearly 40 minutes of yoga in the early hours (about 4am). I was happily doing chaturangas on my toes, and just modifying the up dogs, when, on about the 20th chaturanga my wrist suddenly stabbed with pain. Ended up wearing my wrist brace for the rest of the day :( Later, I did 47 minutes of cardio pilates with Ellen Barrett's Barefoot Cardio, which felt good, though I did modify the only even vaguely high impact exercise.

I ate:  WAY TOO MUCH! Didn't eat anything sweet til after dinner, but unfortunately by then I was very tired and went overboard: 83g choc, 83g choc biscuits, 142g choc chip muffin - total 308g :(

I am grateful for:  Hope.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 20 chatarangas. This morning in my AM practice, I managed 5 in a row on toes before nearly hitting my face on the floor -- time to go to knees! :)

    Sorry about your wrist. But what the hell are you doing on-toes chatarangas at 4 in the morning for! Crazy lady! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they weren't one after the other, just the regular parts of vinyasas between sun salutes and poses *doh* And I'm sure that must count as quite yogic - a nice early morning practice ;)
      Kx

      Delete