Monday 24 June 2013

Summer Sunday and Manic Monday


23rd June

I felt: Tired, but quite happy. Had a nice day with my family - my MIL came to visit, and our son was sweet and cheerful.

I thought: I should appreciate these good times, yet the health issues continue and put a damper on things.

I slept: 6 and 3 quarter hours, in 5 chunks.

I worked out:  45 minutes of weights - Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Ageless Body. I like her perkiness, and that it's a low-impact workout.

I ate:  50g brownie, 75g choc biscuits.

I am grateful for:  Being able to exercise.


24th June

I felt: Tired and grouchy when I first got up. Had quite a productive day, getting back into the swing of things. Don't know why, though, I had a really bad day for cravings :(

I thought: What's the point, I'm never going to lose weight given the stresses in my life and the sleep issues. I remembered that they say poor sleep directly correlates with weight gain, and also a study with monkeys on the effects of stress on digestion. I know, bleak and unhelpful thinking :(

I slept: 7 and a quarter hours in five chunks.

I worked out: 52 minutes of Cathe Friedrich's Low Impact Step Challenge - fun :)

I ate: 120g brownie, ?60g doughnut, ?100g choc muffin, lost count of the number of Minstrels, rough guess 100g :((

I am grateful for: Tomorrow being a new day...

2 comments:

  1. Sleep is so important, and it's so hard to get enough of when you have kids, especially when they are younger. Although, even with teenagers it's hard. They stay up late, and aren't always so quiet at night. I wish restful nights for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Siddaleah, I wish the same for you! Sleep is such an important thing, and yet so delicate. Interesting to hear that even teens can be a problem: I was such a good girl, worst I ever did was stay up late reading ;)

      Delete