Saturday 29 June 2013

Friday 28th

Didn't manage to post this on the day, cos I try to avoid using computers in the evening (for the whole sleep hygiene thing).  Which, given I "allow" myself one sweet treat after dinner, means that really I should plan to post every morning about the previous day.  The fact that I haven't just goes to show how I don't even stick to my own principles about sleep :(


I felt: Stressed. Had a Dr's appointment with my son in the morning and we ended up late when the taxi I'd booked didn't show up. The firm told me I'd booked it for Saturday, which given I called on Thursday and said "tomorrow" was ridiculous and pissed me off seeing as the guy kept insisting it was my mistake! Am changing cab companies!

The news from the doctor wasn't great, either. My son is going to need two different surgeries this year :(

Then, I managed to forget I was supposed to collect my son from the school bus, so they traipsed around with him for another hour - spectacular mummy fail!

I thought: About the email I'd written to my ex, and worried that he had been offended by it as he hadn't replied. Then, I got up this morning and he's come back to me saying it was all meant as a joke anyway, why did I take it so seriously! But when he gave me the stuff to read, he said it would explain why he refuses to use email (never mind Facebook or anything else - he prefers his computer to stay off-line). Meh!

I slept: 7 hours in 2 chunks, semi-yay! Still tried to go back for a nap after lunch, but it didn't happen.

I worked out:  52 mins step with Cathe's Low Impact Circuit Cardio Blast. I bumped my step up another 4 cms, and really felt the difference!

I ate:  133g choc muffin.

I am grateful for:  Nice people on the bus who didn't give me too much gip.

4 comments:

  1. That was a strange joke. :( Glad you got a good semi-yay sleep! I wish I could get back on the exercise habit, and I'm not making excuses, but I work full time and I'm not as energetic at the end of a work day as I used to be. Eight years ago, I was raring to go on the step work at 6 pm. Now I feel like I can barely drag myself to the loo for a wee. It's not easy. I'll snap out of this, though.

    I found a funny cartoon about this, I'm going to go post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://willowyme.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/doh.html

      Delete
    2. Now that's a funny joke :)

      Good luck finding the energy for exercise. I don't think it's necessarily about working full time, but perhaps more about your work draining you because you don't much enjoy it? In terms of energy, a regular day for me is pretty draining given poor sleep and physical exertion with my son. But much of my work is interesting, and my exercise time is a gift I give myself :)

      Delete
    3. Probably so, but I've never actually had a job I enjoyed, and still I was able to look forward to the end of the day when I could work out and pursue my interests. Oh well! I will definitely try harder. :)

      Delete